Jane I have a question for you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane I have a question for you....

Jane, do you know about post-polioproblems? My friend is having some healthissues due to polio at young age. Wondering if you could helpanswer some questions.

RE: Jane I have a question for you....

ORIGINAL: crazymom

Jane, do you know about post-polioproblems? My friend is having some healthissues due to polio at young age. Wondering if you could helpanswer some questions.
    My direct knowledge about polio is what I learned from the medical school;

I know that there are many organizations which maintain websites to support folks worldwide with polio. Do a Google or two and you will feast your eyes with info.

I do know that prothesis and physical therapy have changed many polio folks to be much more mobile.

But if you have specific questions, I can always hear and see what I can do with thẹm

Comment

Jane, she has started to experience some pain after 40 years or so of polio. She will be seeing an orthopedic in about 2 weeks. In the meantime she did some research on the web. Looks like she may be able to benefit from therapy, brace or even surgery.

Comment

Today, in the US, polio patients have a large range of therapy and help for:

* reducing pain, if exists

* physical therapy to improve life quality

* prosthesis of various kind to support and to assist the movement

* potential newer treatment (s)

so all is for the much better!

VACCINE FOR POLIO, FOLKS! (no shot, just by mouth!)

Comment

Thank you very much for your encouraging post. It will make my friend's day to know there are treatments out there for her as she has been very worried about her condition.

Comment

Working...
          X