Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrMom oi!

Goodmorning Jane,

could you tell me what is the best part of beef tocook beefsteak?
    sofar i have used rib eye for it, it is too exp. $10.99/pound.

also,please share your recipe of baking potato.

thanks!

RE: DrMom oi!

First of all, good rib eyes steaks can be bought for around $6/lb in most places in the USA. So do shop around.

Secondly, when buy beef steaks, please do not buy the too thin cuts; since they won't be tender and juicy enough after cooked. Further, thin cuts commonly come from an odd chunk of meat.

Third, do not marinate a beef steak, if you want to cook it the best way; ie. the way one can enjoy the true taste of beef at its best; not just taste the spices.

Fourth, most cuts of beef is good, if they come from a good beef (not the sick, the skinny cows)

For me, the choice are, best being on top:

* rib eyes (for flavor, well marbled, tender)

* New York (for a combination of flavor, juicy)

* Iron blade (for low cost, high beef flavor, but somewhat chewy)

then,

there are a slew of beef cuts which you can buy and "PROCESS" yourself, for very low price, but of utmost HIGH quality in taste and in value.

One example: a 7-bone chuck, if chosen well, contain a small fillet mignon and another flavorful cut (small portions to the whole, but they are there; use the rest for beef broth or stew).

So,

what can I say?

if you have a tough looking steak, just score it with a knife; then cook it under VERY HIGH HEAT, quickly, serve.

In certain restaurants, even the fancy ones, they boil whole Russet potatoes in salt water for about 15 minutes, let cool;

then when the order comes, they wrap the potato in tin foil; bake it in high heat (400F or more) for about 10 minutes or less;

serve with butter & other topping.

ORIGINAL: momtobe

Goodmorning Jane,

could you tell me what is the best part of beef tocook beefsteak?
    sofar i have used rib eye for it, it is too exp. $10.99/pound.

also,please share your recipe of baking potato.

thanks!

Comment

RE: DrMom oi!

Thank a bunch Jane for the useful info!

have fun in vietnam. this time it must have a lot of tropical fruits. can you eat durian?

Comment

Working...
      X