Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRANCHISE OF ARCO – AM/PM

Jane & ACE,

Please give me your advices or experiences about the Pros and Cons of FRANCHISE OF ARCO – AM/PM gas station. I know it's take some time to answer this question, so please do some research to help me out. Greatly appreciated.

Các anh chị nào có gia đình hay bà con đả từng own a gas station, please share your knowledge.

Thank you all and good night !

RE: FRANCHISE OF ARCO – AM/PM

ARCO, aka Atlantic Richfield, is a good company; but its retails is not that great, ịe. not as strong as Chevron/Texaco etc.

Regardless, it is two separate businesses:

a) the pump: very competitive to others; so it is a wash

b) the convenient store: all relies in location of the business.

The very same is applied for selling gasoline.

Of course, employees + manager who run the place are also important as to how to merchandizing/restocking/behaving.

If you buy a franchise directly from the company, then you have nothing to worry about; as the company wants to help you be successful too .

BUT if you buy from the owner of that station, then be very careful: audit the books to the hilt, analyze everything and take time to smell the place out.

Please do watch out for those sellers who own more than one stations and they show you the receipts of their purchase, which have NOTHING to do with the real business you want to buy . Many cases have been caught and reported.

btw, do you know what is Foodinni?

Comment

nob...can't help !!!
      Còn gặp nhau thì hãy cứ vui
      Chuyện đời như nước chảy hoa trôi
      Lợi danh như bóng mây chìm nổi
      Chỉ có tình thương để lại đời
      (Tôn Nữ Hỷ Khương)

Comment

Thanks Jane ! No, I'm so dumb tonight ! What is foodinni?

Comment

MR. MOM làm nhiều quá ăn sao hết , chu cha ơi nào tiệm phở nào cây xăng. Hôm nay Lebanon có phi truơng bi bom chắc chắn là xăng còn lên giá dài dài á [&o][&o]

Comment

ORIGINAL: MR.MOM

Thanks Jane ! No, I'm so dumb tonight ! What is foodinni?
            few years ago, Chevron asked a bunch of consultant in searching for the Name of its gas station + AM/PM biz, where gasoline and snacks are being sold;

a person coined the name Foodinni, as in Hoodinni, and got few millions USD for ịt

Thus far, only few dozen sites are using such name.

Comment

MR.MOM

Ơning and running a convenient store and gas station is very profitable if the owner chịu khó tự mình đi mua hàng khi mấy tiệm lớn có sales.

Chị quen rất nhiều người làm chủ convenience stores and gas station. Ngoài tiền thu vào họ còn được bonuses from Tobacco and gas companies. Đa số chủ tiệm bỏ túi tiền vặt khi khách hàng không đòi receipts.
              Có một điểm bất tiện là phải ngồi ở tiệm cả ngày như ở tù vậy !
              You should always go to other people funeral because they cannot go to yours!

Yogi Berra

Comment

lam` tiem ca^y xang/convenience store thuong` la` la^y' co^ng lam` lo*i`.....luc' truoc' em voi' OX em cung~ vay., hai vo*. cho^ng` lam` tu*` sang' dde^N' to^i', khong muon' nguoi`, vo*. coi tiem. cho^ng` ddi mua hang` hay vice versa.......ra^t' cu*c......lam` cu*' so*. khong ddu? ne^n khong dam' muon' nguoi` lam`, co^ng. the^m khong tin tuong? nguoi` ngoai`.....la^u la^u, hai vo*. cho^ng` me^t. khong fill hang` no^i~ thi` muon' ddai.o^ng me^~ vo^ giup' dum`......cung~ depends on location la(m'......cu*c. nha^t' la` phai? ddi kiem' hang` sale ddi mua.......

Comment

Chị Isa, cám ơn chị for the informations.

Bà già 3 con, Welcome to chotnho !

Xin cho tôi hỏi gas station của BG3con lúc trước bán trung bình khỏang bao nhiêu gallons gas per day or per month ?
                  Cái station Arco mà tôi đang coi cho cô em gái average sales khỏang 200,000 gallons per month. Grocery sales khỏang $70,000 - $75,000 per month. Gross profit margin 30 - 35 %.
                  Asking price $450,000 with 50% down payment and flexible owner term, loan pay off in 5 years.

Comment

luc' truoc' tui. nay` lam` convenience store thoi, khong co' ca^Y xa(ng......ne^n khong ranh` ve^` chuyen. ddo' la(m'...sorry nhe....

Comment

MR.MOM:

Please making sure the followings before discussing the selling/buying price:

* how long does the lease last?

* any EPA violation?

* any pending legal matter related to the station?

Now, can you validate the 200,000 gallons/month of gasoline sale?

as if you can, it means that this station yields a $20,000 monthly gross profit on the gasoline sale alone;

which, as you know, whether it would pay for the $500,000 investment or nọt

(YES, the profit from the AM/PM business supposes for the new owners to keep independently).

??

Comment

Working...
                      X