PHỞ Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHỞ Again!

Cannot sleep anymore, even after one big meal at home and one nice meal on the plane.

So I recall some of what I've read about pho*?.

* there was a guy who posted a piece about his $75 pot of pho*? with all of his disappointment.

* there was a chef/restaurant owner in Norway who used sand worms (sa`i su`ng, sa tru`ng) in his infamous pho*? broth.

* there was a pho*? recipe which called for shrimp paste (ma('m to^m) in the broth.

* there are many Viet housewives in the US who cook pho*? bo` with Swanson chicken broth and they call it "pho*? da~ chie^'n".

* soon we will have the chance to taste MR.MOM's pho*? to see whether it carries the aroma of the famous Pho*? Ta`u Bay in Vietnam, or his pho*? Ta`u Bay means Boeing's Pho*? hahahahahahahahahaha

** but I have yet to truly learned the origin of "To^ Xe Lu*~a" and its detailed description. Please help!

btw, MR.MOM: I have ran few tests of making beef broth using pilot industrial pressure cooker (1,000 gallon capacity) and beef bones. Yes, it's water extraction method. Then pipe the filtered broth into a super chilled tank (35F). Guess what is the end result?

RE: PHỞ Again!

Hello JS,
    How are you, had a good trip or trips?? Can't help you on the famous Pho Bo
    Can youhelp mefinding the English,Chinese andscientific name for RAU TIEN^' VUA??
    I brought some back from VN and want to know what I am eating , khong^
    thoi^ an* vo^ roi^` ddi ve^` tham* vua Gia Long nu*a~ thi` xong hihihihi

Thx,
    Ltc

Comment

Hi lovetocook!

I am heading to HongKong for just one meeting; then a short stop to Tokyo before heading home.

The region is stormy, so no interest to hang around.

So sorry that I do not know how the "rau tie^'n vua" is called in any more useful language. If you could, please post a picture of it, both sides of the leave, with stem if exists.

How does it taste? cooked? description etc.

Comment

Hi JS,
        Suong qua nay dday mai ddo'.
        OK, Rau Tien Vua ho. lam` goi? hay la xao voi thit bo, tom, muc etc...an no' gion` giong^' nhu la`
        cai' cuong^' cua? rau cai? lan` ddo', khong co taste cung hoi giong vay. Ben VN ban' kho^, minh`
        ve^` ngam^ nuoc qua ddem cho no ra roi lam gi thi lam.

O*? giua~ la` dda ngam roi ddo, 2 ben la cong. la' kho^

DDay la` kho^, mua ve thay no chua kho han thanh bay^ ra
        phoi tiep khong thoi bi moc^'

Comment

ORIGINAL: Jane Smith

Cannot sleep anymore, even after one big meal at home and one nice meal on the plane.

So I recall some of what I've read about pho*?.

* there was a guy who posted a piece about his $75 pot of pho*? with all of his disappointment.

* there was a chef/restaurant owner in Norway who used sand worms (sa`i su`ng, sa tru`ng) in his infamous pho*? broth.

* there was a pho*? recipe which called for shrimp paste (ma('m to^m) in the broth.

* there are many Viet housewives in the US who cook pho*? bo` with Swanson chicken broth and they call it "pho*? da~ chie^'n".

* soon we will have the chance to taste MR.MOM's pho*? to see whether it carries the aroma of the famous Pho*? Ta`u Bay in Vietnam, or his pho*? Ta`u Bay means Boeing's Pho*? hahahahahahahahahaha

** but I have yet to truly learned the origin of "To^ Xe Lu*~a" and its detailed description. Please help!

btw, MR.MOM: I have ran few tests of making beef broth using pilot industrial pressure cooker (1,000 gallon capacity) and beef bones. Yes, it's water extraction method. Then pipe the filtered broth into a super chilled tank (35F). Guess what is the end result?
          There was a guy who called himself MR.MOM. He cooked his famous Phở by simmering oxtails and added củ cải trắng 15 minutes before serving. His wife and children love it, they called it "Phở Ba nấu". Can't find the aroma of Phở Ba nấu in any restaurant. Dare to try! Hahahah.

For tô xe lửa- It's huge, almost twice asmuch as a regular bowl.

For detail description- Just more meat and noodle serving with blood dripping from the raw meat, they called it "nước tiết". When added hot boiling broth, you can see the scum rises to the surface.

Comment

Mr. Mom : " Can not find the aroma of phở Ba nấu anywhere else " tại vì anh vừa nấu vừa đổ mồ hôi rớt lộp độp vô nồi phở nên có special, distinct aroma? [:-][:-]

Comment

ORIGINAL: MR.MOM

There was a guy who called himself MR.MOM. He cooked his famous Phở by simmering oxtails and added củ cải trắng 15 minutes before serving. His wife and children love it, they called it "Phở Ba nấu". Can't find the aroma of Phở Ba nấu in any restaurant. Dare to try! Hahahah.

I have a similar story:

Once, the butcher delivered me a large chunk of cross rib roast by mistake; so he did not charge me for it. When asked what can I do with as we have so much beef in the freezer; the guy said why not make beef broth out of it.

Oh boy! that was the very best beef broth I ever made and it only took a little more than an hour. Dunk the whole roast in the pot, add cold water, salt, sugar and charred onion + ginger.

Now, dare to start a beef noodle soup shop with this recipe?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

"phở ba nấu" sound familiar quá đi....................ở đây cũng có "phở mẹ nấu" cũng ăn giền đáo để nè...hahahahhahaaahahhahahahahaha
                Còn gặp nhau thì hãy cứ vui
                Chuyện đời như nước chảy hoa trôi
                Lợi danh như bóng mây chìm nổi
                Chỉ có tình thương để lại đời
                (Tôn Nữ Hỷ Khương)

Comment

In Hanoi, there is "phở ba thìa";

which means 1 bowl of phở, extra broth and 3 spoons of MSG (VND$500 extra).

The patrons for such phở ba thìa normally also order a dish of giò chéo quảy.

Comment

Chị KA,

Nấu thì cũng cực thiệt nhưng mấy đứa nhỏ nó nói "Tụi con chỉ thích ăn phở với bún riêu của Ba nấu thôi !" nghe sao mà mát ruột. Không biết có phải nó nói nịnh mình không?

ORIGINAL: KitchenAid

"phở ba nấu" sound familiar quá đi....................ở đây cũng có "phở mẹ nấu" cũng ăn giền đáo để nè...hahahahhahaaahahhahahahahaha

Comment

1 tô phở mà bỏ 3 thìa msg thì chắc ngon khỏi chê á.
                      Ngộ khong dùng msg , mà khong nêm đuờng , chỉ có canh chua là có nêm đường.mổi lầnnêm đường vô đồ ăn là con ngộ chê quá chừng.

Comment

ORIGINAL: Happy Mom

Ngộ khong dùng msg , mà khong nêm đuờng , chỉ có canh chua là có nêm đường.mổi lầnnêm đường vô đồ ăn là con ngộ chê quá chừng.

Also in Hanoi, at the most respected vegetarian restaurant (forgot the name) my helper repeatedly asked do you use MSG in the food? do you use bột ngọt? the answers were No and NO.

Once we ordered the food, I ask the helper to ask how come the food is so tasty? The answer was, we add mì chính.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mì chính also known as vị tinh !

Comment

Jane,

What is Bột ngọt chay? Is it another type of MSG?

ORIGINAL: Happy Mom

Also in Hanoi, at the most respected vegetarian restaurant (forgot the name) my helper repeatedly asked do you use MSG in the food? do you use bột ngọt? the answers were No and NO.

Once we ordered the food, I ask the helper to ask how come the food is so tasty? The answer was, we add mì chính.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mì chính also known as vị tinh !

Comment

lovetocook:

finally my helpers gave me the replies:

"Don't know",

thus all I can say is I am sorry that I do not know either!

Will look out for the answer; but not now.

ORIGINAL: lovetocook

Hi JS,
                            Suong qua nay dday mai ddo'.
                            OK, Rau Tien Vua ho. lam` goi? hay la xao voi thit bo, tom, muc etc...an no' gion` giong^' nhu la`
                            cai' cuong^' cua? rau cai? lan` ddo', khong co taste cung hoi giong vay. Ben VN ban' kho^, minh`
                            ve^` ngam^ nuoc qua ddem cho no ra roi lam gi thi lam.

O*? giua~ la` dda ngam roi ddo, 2 ben la cong. la' kho^

DDay la` kho^, mua ve thay no chua kho han thanh bay^ ra
                            phoi tiep khong thoi bi moc^'

Comment

Hình như bột ngọt chay là bột nấm thì phải !!!!
                              You should always go to other people funeral because they cannot go to yours!

Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X