Cháo Vịt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cháo Vịt

OK! I will cook a dinner for the three of us tonight: for my husband, my secretary and me .

Like it or not, it will be cháo vịt, the very best in San Francisco. hahahahahahaha

* got two fresh ducks from a Petaluma farm; heavy, not so much of fat (trimmed by the butcher)

* fresh ginger root

* jasmine long grain rice

* cilandro, green onion

I will use the tripple boiling-ice dipping method: boil the ducks for few minutes, then take them out and dip them in icy water, then into the seasoned boiling water again;

repeat three (3) times.

Then soak the boiled ducks in cold water, until cool.

Use a chef knife and kitchen shear to cut the ducks into bite size. Make a ginger lemon sauce.

2 bottles of white wine.

(curse at those who call you during the mum mum; but PLEASE DO NOT THROW THE BONES ON THE FLOOR!)

RE: Cháo Vịt

Jane, lúc nào cũng post cái subject các món ăn yummy, Eden hay chay coi Jane cook và post hình, cho đỡ thèm, ai dè, chỉ có viết viết mà không cho ai coi hình món ăn, làm Eden quê 1 cục

thui đi ra, cháo vịt thì ngon, mà ngán mỡ vịt quá, dù là cắt bỏ da và mỡ truoc khi cook đó. ay da, bên này không có ai bán vịt chạy bộ cả

Comment

ma` Jane co' rang ga.o khong? Ram an chao vit hay ga thuong thi prefer ga.o dduoc rang vang roi moi nau chao.

Comment

Jane
        3 người 1 con vịt ăn ngán lắm rồi, chị chơi 2 con vịt ăn sao hết

Comment

ORIGINAL: cutegirls

Jane
          3 người 1 con vịt ăn ngán lắm rồi, chị chơi 2 con vịt ăn sao hết
          cutegirls: I can eat the whole duck by myself, with a bottle of wine. hahahahahaha

RAM: yes, one must lightly brown the rice before adding it to the boiling broth

EDEN75: Nah! ducks from good farms, like Long Island, Mappleleaf, which supply to the restaurants are not that fatty. Cook the duck as is and remove the fat later, for better flavor.

Comment

Jane, yay!! my style...lolz..

Comment

The Tao Philosophy of eating duck meat:

duck is a species of poultry which enjoys water; thus it is yang;

duck meat contains sweet tasty meat of yang nature, combined with a layer of duck fat (from the skin), which is yin;

then when dipping a cooked piece of duck meat into a ginger lemon sauce, ginger being a yin, it truly makes the yin-yang balance;

thus, one who eats good duck meat with ginger sauce will sleep well, will have good crave in ********* and so forth and so on.

(my mean to argue for eating duck!)

Comment

JS mà post hình food là lúc mạt tròi mọc hướng Nam

Comment

The thịt vịt luộc was devine! Sweet, tender, juicy, tasty. It went down so well with the tangy ginger chilly sauce.

I hogged about 1 whole duck, bones excluded of course, for myself. Three of us enjoyed it, mainly the duck and few spoon of porridge.

When asked about cholesterol in duck, my husband replied to the guest that all he could see is duck meat, no cholesterol, in a very assuring voice.

Comment

Ăn cháo chữ ngon quá!

Picture pleaseeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

troi northern virginia mưa lạnh buon qua! uoc gi co to chao dzit voi chen mam gung an thi phê quá trời.

janie hỡi janie hà
                      la`m o*n fedex cho nkotb một tô đi à

Comment

Working...
                      X