Unconfigured Ad Widget



No announcement yet.

Jane Smith

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jane Smith

    My brother received a bill from Collection Department, which is not his. I already called CollectionDepartment to report. My call transferred to the credit card company, which is Chase Manhattan Bank. Lewis, who works at the credit card company, will send an investigation form for my brother to fill out. Itwill take at least 90 - 100 days to investigate.

    While I am waiting for the form, do I need to call the police to report?


  • #2
    RE: Jane Smith


    Yes, you should tell your brother to file a ID theft report with the local Police. Here are the list of what he needs to do :

    1. Contact one of the three consumer reporting companies to place a fraud alert on your credit report:

    Experian - 888-397-3742

    TransUnion - 800-680-7289

    Equifax - 800-525-6285

    The company you call is required to contact the other two, which will place an alert on their reports as well. Once you place the fraud alert in your file, you're entitled to order free copies of your credit reports.

    2. Close the accounts that you believe have been compromised.

    3. File a report with your local police or the police in the community where the identity theft took place. Get a copy of the report or at the very least, the number of the report, to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of the crime.

    4. File your complaint with the FTC. The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations. Filing a complaint also helps them learn more about identity theft and the problems victims experience so that they can better assist you.


    • #3
      RE: Jane Smith

      Chú Mom,

      Thank you chú. 3 cái list chú đưa ra y chang con coworker Xị đưa cho Xị và kêu Xị contact với police để report nên Xị mới ra thread hỏi có nên làm vậy không? Hay đợi tụi credit card company investigate. Chú củng nói nên report hả vậy Xị sẻ help him to call the police.

      Cám ơn chú nhiều lắm.....