What Can I Do With Mullet Fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can I Do With Mullet Fish?

Just found out that I got a delivery of small, less than 1 lb each, mullets (4 of them);

PLEASE teach me what is the best way to deal with this fish?

RE: What Can I Do With Mullet Fish?

Jane : you want to be Dr. Mom? ( HM's suggestion )[8D][8D]

Comment

the fast and easy way is to...........................toss them........

Comment

Jane : hình như có lần nào CP nói làm chả cá được thì phải.

Comment

ORIGINAL: ORMom

the fast and easy way is to...........................toss them........ [sm=laughing.gif][sm=laughing.gif][sm=laughing.gif]
          I will get you ORMom!

hahahahahahahaha

Comment

ORIGINAL: tennismom

Thought of that, but at this moment I do not have time, nor use fir that dish.

Shall I just cook them with broth + pineapple etc. and pick them bones with my mouth & fingers?

(will curse the guy who sent this fish, later)

Comment

ORIGINAL: Jane Smith

ORIGINAL: tennismom

Thought of that, but at this moment I do not have time, nor use fir that dish.

Shall I just cook them with broth + pineapple etc. and pick them bones with my mouth & fingers?

(will curse the guy who sent this fish, later)
              why bother to pick them bones w/ your mouth and fingers.... listen to me Jane......toss them all..but do call whoeve close to you to come by and pick them up....... [8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Comment

Jane : no problem, I can take care of that. Jane làm chả cá xong wrap with dry ice gởi xuống TM ăn dùm cho, vừa healthy cho TM mà Jane khỏi quăng nữa [8D][8D]

Comment

Jane: hahahaha remember we used to have a long "discussion" about the mullet fish bones

Chiên cá sả ớt tỏi. Làm xả ớt tỏi riêng.

Cá score 2 bên rùi ướp muối chiên. Cho dầu vào cái nồi nhỏ, dầu nóng cho sả bằm thiệt là nhuyền vào khoảng 2' rùi mới cho tỏi bằm thiệt nhiều và ớt. Phi tới khi sả và tỏi vàng rượm, tắt lửa để dầu nguội xuống tí khoảng 5' là đổ sả, tỏi, ớt ra cái strainer cho ráu dầu và để cho nó giòn.

Khi ăn nhét tỏi sả vào giữa cá và những chỗ score, làm như vầy cá chiên vàng giòn mà tỏi sả củng vàng giòn không bị khét

Comment

Progress Report:

Last night, we had dinner at home LATE, due to my preparation mullets for myself. My husband came to the table, he had grilled salmon and pasta; but before eating, he sneared at the mullets "spending all of that time, that efforts in order to prepare the damn bonny fish for the waste!"

TH: I did it two ways: a) just poached them in water +onion + bay leaves + fish sauce and b) fried them with oil and butter

Result: as predicted; not much but bones! The flesh is very tasty in either way of cooking; but if I must choose one method, I guess that I just boil the fish and pick the flesh out of the bone. Flavorful fish I must admit; but too hard to eat, if one wants to eat again tomorrow at home, and not at the hospital (for fishing out them bones in the throat)!

These mullets are the pre-season FRESH sample from the Gulf. I am told that we soon can get the 2 - 3 pounders each. May be the bigger size fish are more useful. What do you think He^'n ?

Comment

Jane: tại bà dzở ăn cá còn nguyên con thôi . To me those bones NOTHING nada ....Xương cá mè, cá măng hay cá linh á yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

hen oi:mtb du`ng ca' tapilia or catfish filet chien xa? ot duoc ko? tks!

Comment

Jane,

We, as southerners, like to fry mullets. Clean them, take the back bone of then roll in corn meals and fry until crisp , serve with hush puppies and cole slaw.

For me, I cook them with nước mắm, sugar, a bit of nước màu cho đẹp, then simmer until all bones are tender so you can eat the whole without fear of bones. It is very good!

Hến à ,

Mullet ướp xã không ngon đâu. Cá đù ướp xã ngon hơn.
                          You should always go to other people funeral because they cannot go to yours!

Yogi Berra

Comment

momtobe: bà sanh xong nhớ nhường nick lại chi Nghé nhen

Cá tilapia OK chiên sả ớt đó sis, my dad's favorite dish

Nhưng cá catfish hihihi I am not sure sis

Comment

Dì Isa con thử rùi cá mullet với sả. OX con ăn khen ngon wa' trời lun, con củng thích lắm

Cá golden thread là #1 cho chiên sả ớt

Cá croaker con củng thích làm vậy

Comment

Working...
                              X